Towards a new European dynamic for the Sea
With: Catherine Chabaud, MEP, Pascal Lamy former European Commissioner,hairman of Star Fish 2030, Cedric Verciglio, HAROPA Port Authority, Jean-Dominique Giuliani, President of the Robert Schuman Foundation, François Lambert, Chief of Staff of the Minister of the sea, a representative of the European Commission
Location: Rouvillois Amphitheatre
Val de Grace
1 Alphonse Laveran Square 75005 Paris
Metro: RER B Port Royal
Bus 83, 91 Port-Royal-Saint Jacques
The sea is now at the heart of the world's major future challenges: strategic and military control, globalization of the economy, global warming and bio-diversity, energy, telecommunications via submarine cables, control of migratory flows, etc. Does the European Union, the world's leading trading power, with 500 million inhabitants, occupy its rightful place in the responses to these challenges? The purpose of the conference-debate will be to formulate proposals and perspectives by exploring the following questions:
- Should we develop Europe's sovereignty over its maritime space?
- How can we improve the effectiveness and visibility of European maritime policy and increase France's role?
- How to develop the growth of the blue economy?
- How can we combine the protection of the marine environment with the sustainable development of maritime activities?
- The sea at the heart of migration issues